Iced In

Here in the Pacific Northwest, we don't get many days when the temperature drops below the point when water magically transforms into ice. And even less frequently do we get consecutive days of the same. Consequently, we do not own a snow shovel, nor does the city deem it necessary to plow or sand our street.
Yes, folks, that's our icy street, and we haven't owned studded snow tires since we left Vermont. All that to say, I'm home today and won't be going out, if I can help it, any time in the near future.

There are all sorts of projects that could use my attention, but it's mid-December, so there really wasn't any point in doing anything other than beginning the holiday baking.
Trouble is, these cookies are my new favorite, and if I don't stop snitching them, our friends' Christmas packages will be a little empty this year.

Monday, December 15, 2008

No comments: