Leaping

My mother made many of my clothes when I was a child. She once told me that if there was any hope of me wearing them in the proper season, she had to make them and place them in my dresser about 6 months early. Evidently, I needed advance notice.

I still do.

In 2005, I started reading Monkfish Abbey, a blog by Rachelle Mee-Chapman (she now posts at Magpie Girl) and I've been hooked ever since, but never considered blogging as viable possibility for my own self-expression.

Until now.

Something has shifted in the last few weeks. Maybe it's the uncommon good fortune of sunny, dry fall days. (We don't get many of those here in the Pacific Northwest.) Maybe fear isn't as scary as it once was. Maybe I'm owning a measure of confidence that, though always mine, was lost. Whatever it is, I know this:

I'm leaping into the unknown, and it's a grace.

Maybe in celebration I'll wear that shirt I bought at Goodwill a few months back...after I cut the tag off.



Friday, October 24, 2008

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Laura good to hear of your shifting... I look forward to following you through this. I'm also glad "Furball" is doing well w/ his new diet... did you see the outside pics yet?